Re: [OM] FS - It is time to pay to the piper . . .

Subject: Re: [OM] FS - It is time to pay to the piper . . .
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2011 19:18:56 -0400
I was looking for a photo of my AT-X Pro AF 80-200/2.8 today but
couldn't find one other than the tiny image shown in the Tokina
"archive" section at
<http://www.thkphoto.com/products/tokina/tokina-03.html>
See the AT-X 828 AF PRO in column 1, row 3 of the AT-X Pro section.
Clicking on that image used to link to a larger image and tech details
but doesn't any more.  Maybe it can be found in the wayback machine.
Not shown in the photo is the foot on the tripod mounting ring which is
generously sized at about 30x40mm.

The Tokina Pro series lenses are generally f/2.8.  Most of the
full-frame coverage lenses have been discontinued in favor of APS-C size
replacements.  All of older full-frame lens designs shared a 77mm filter
thread.  However, one new full frame lens has recently been released, a
16-28/2.8 <http://www.thkphoto.com/products/tokina/atx16-28profx-a.html>
  But this one had a bulging front element and no provision for a
filter.  Styling is identical to my 80-200/2.8 which I think may date as
far back as 1996.

Chuck Norcutt