Re: [OM] OM to EOS adapter

Subject: Re: [OM] OM to EOS adapter
From: "Daniel Sepke" <daniel.sepke@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2011 19:57:48 -0500
I believe that low quality reverse tele-converter type adapters have been
made in the past to allow OM mount on Nikon. As far as I know there are no
traditional adapter rings as the registration distance for Nikon is too
close to Olympus so a simple ring is impossible without losing infinity
focus.

http://www.leitax.com/OlympusOM-lens-for-Nikon-cameras.html

Leitax make DIY installable and handily reversible replacement mounts for
most of the common OM lenses. The provisions that apply to Nikon MF lenses
with regard to metering on selected bodies obviously would apply to OM
lenses mounted this way. This option does force a choice to not quickly be
able to alternate between OM and Nikon without duplicating lenses.

Dan S