Re: [OM] OT; looking elsewhere

Subject: Re: [OM] OT; looking elsewhere
From: Patrick Moore <paddy@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2011 21:50:36 +0000
* On Fri, Feb 18, 2011 at 05:54:55PM +0000, Chris Barker said:
> Well, notwithstanding my comments to Ken a couple of days ago (about
> buying the E-5 or going Canyon-way), I have been looking at the
> Pentacchio K-5.  It looks smaller than the E-5, is weather resistant, has
> a dust-shaker-offer-thingy, comes with decent lenses, has a very good
> review from DPR and is GBP500 less than the E-5.

> Has anyone else had a look outside the Oly fence in this direction?

I've been using the Pent@x digital cameras since the K10 appeared about 4
years ago.  Since then, I've moved on to the K7 which is a lovely lovely
piece of kit, and K5 seems to refine it further.  With the Limited compact
primes it makes a very pleasent travel kit.   The fact that it's
significantly smaller than the similarly spec'd competitors appeals to the
OM side of me.

Get it, the 21mm, 35mm macro and 70mm Ltd lenses and enjoy. ;)

p.