Re: [OM] Camera raw

Subject: Re: [OM] Camera raw
From: Frank Wijsmuller <wijsmuller@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2011 18:15:37 +0100
Actually camera raw is a seperate programm, also used with lightroom. Every
photoshop version has a 'latest' version of camera raw with which it will
function. And an older camera raw won't support newer camera's. So if you
want camera raw in one workflow with photoshop, you first have to find out
which camera raw supports your camera, and then find the matching cs
version. You'll get some reactions on this Adobe 'upgrade lock in', I expect
;-)

As for camera raw itself, I think later is better. I decided to go for
lightroom instead of buying a new cs version when I bought a camera not
supported by the last camera raw of CS3, and I haven't regret it.

Good luck with your decission John.

Regards, Frank