Re: [OM] OT: GPS Jamming from FCC-Approved Broadcaster

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: GPS Jamming from FCC-Approved Broadcaster
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2011 05:37:07 +0000
Thanks, Chuck.  I looked up LightSquared on Wikipedia,

"Several federal agencies including Homeland Security are concerned that
LightSquared's satellite-terrestrial LTE network will interfere with government
communications services, GPS, and aeronautical emergency communications systems
and receivers used by federal agencies.
In a Jan. 12 letter to the FCC, NTIA chief Lawrence Strickling said that
LightSquared's hybrid mobile broadband services raise "significant interference
concerns."
It looks to my suspicious mind that there is something too close between
LightSquared and the FCC for the latter to have granted the waiver in the face
of objections from other large bodies.

Chris