Re: [OM] OT: GPS Jamming from FCC-Approved Broadcaster

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: GPS Jamming from FCC-Approved Broadcaster
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2011 16:16:29 -0600
> This is a bigger concern for professionals in the geosciences who use a
> very accurate gps signal such as surveyors.

Communications networks are much more at risk. We time our sonet equip
and switches off of the GPS clocking. A site that is close to the
transmitter could find itself losing timing source.

This, folks, is the scariest thing about the GPS network. Forget about
planes falling from the air. The communications network will come to a
screeching halt. (Of course, some Internet will always get through
since that is essentially a wild-wild-west syncronisation system).

AG