[OM] IMG: A Closer Look at Table Salt

Subject: [OM] IMG: A Closer Look at Table Salt
From: "Jim Nichols" <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2011 12:56:16 -0600
Cc: Olympus Camera Discussion <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
My friend, Charles Geilfuss, of the Olympus List, has supplied me with
laboratory images of table salt.  I will use this series to close out my cold,
rainy day "salt project".  My sincere thanks to Charlie for providing views
that cannot be achieved with ordinary cameras and accessories.

View 1: I had to ask about the crystal with the X.  This is a view of a crystal
with one corner directed toward the lens, supported by additional crystals
below it.  This gives the appearance of a pyramid.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Photomicrograph+of+Table+Salt+2.jpg.html

View 2: A closer look at the crystals.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Photomicrograph+of+Table+Salt+3.jpg.html

View 3: An isolated view of the crystal mentioned above.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Photomicrograph+of+Table+Salt+4.jpg.html

Comments and critiques welcomed.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA