Re: [OM] OT: Use of verbs, was Re: olympus Digest, Vol 27, Issue 31

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Use of verbs, was Re: olympus Digest, Vol 27, Issue 31
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2011 17:13:13 -0000
Hey, buster, don't go trampling over my digraph in the interests of
orthographical reform! And there was I defending your "gotten" archaism and
see how you repay me!!

Truth be told, I put that in expecting you to bite, Bob. And if I didn't
cling to the "ASCII-only" in email convention, I would have out a real
digraph in. I admit to a soft spot for them - got me published on the
letters page of The Times too. But that was when it was a real paper, hot
metal, printed in London, 60 screen mono images, none of this full colour
web offset regionally printed tabloid nonsense!

Piers