Re: [OM] OT: Use of verbs, was Re: olympus Digest, Vol 27, Issue 31

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Use of verbs, was Re: olympus Digest, Vol 27, Issue 31
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2011 10:37:21 -0500
It's just one more reason why we're so special. <g> As I said in an earlier
post, it is/was in common usage in the southern Appalachian Mountains where I
grew up, and the local "dialects" there contain a lot of very old language that
has survived back in the coves and hollers. (Down on the Outer Banks of North
Carolina as well.) You can take the boy out of the mountains, but you can't
take the mountains out of the boy.

--Bob