Re: [OM] OT: Use of verbs, was Re: olympus Digest, Vol 27, Issue 31

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Use of verbs, was Re: olympus Digest, Vol 27, Issue 31
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2011 07:26:52 -0500
No, but Joan and I had a nice long chat with her after the tour. Part of the
talk was about the juncture of two walls, one built in the 12th Century, the
other in the late 18th, and sentries gazing out at Napoleon's France in the
distance, waiting for the invasion everyone knew was coming. "Does anyone know
why they didn't come?" she asked. In our  small group of 14 or so, I was the
only one with an answer: "Lord Nelson and a bit of unpleasantness off the coast
of Spain."

--Bob