Re: [OM] OT: Use of verbs, was Re: olympus Digest, Vol 27, Issue 31

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Use of verbs, was Re: olympus Digest, Vol 27, Issue 31
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2011 19:01:28 +0000
That will be "effect", Jan.

It is typical, but I couldn't say that it's the fault  of the American populace
:-).  This was the perfect and the pluperfect, but it's a case of mixing the
description of time in any tenses -- choosing the right tense.  I found a great
definition of the pluperfect tense in a German grammar book a couple of years
ago, but I can't find it now.  I find it difficult to describe the difference
between perfect and pluperfect (for instance), but I reckon that it's important
to get it right, to retain the exact sense of time in a sentence.

Chris