Re: [OM] Heliar (Was: 50mm 1.8 (Re: Hoarding & Varimagni))

Subject: Re: [OM] Heliar (Was: 50mm 1.8 (Re: Hoarding & Varimagni))
From: Dawid Loubser <dawidl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2011 10:34:30 +0200
I absolutely love printing negatives taken with the 50mm Heliar f/3.5 -
I printed these two this week-end. Both shot wide open. All
aspects of image quality is extraordinary with this lens - I don't
think I can go back to using plasmat-design 50mm lenses anymore,
it's just not the same...

"Cowboy Passenger"
http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/023/d/4/cowboy_passenger_by_philosomatographer-d37vorl.jpg
(guess focus at min. focus distance, not a sharp image)

"Flowers, Lines and Curves"
http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/023/5/d/flowers__lines_and_curves_by_philosomatographer-d37vq00.jpg
(...on the other hand, the lens completely out-resolved the film
across the frame in the in-focus area,
wonderful to see on a large print)

I am not sure I ever want another RF 50mm lens - perhaps a fast one
with character for when the light
is really low (e.g. 1.5/50mm Sonnar) but otherwise, this lens is
perfection. Tiny perfection.

Dawid