Re: [OM] (OM) Totally OT; creatures in Central Australia

Subject: Re: [OM] (OM) Totally OT; creatures in Central Australia
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2011 17:13:57 +1100
One, eat the buggers. At 12ft, that's a lot of slow moving meat.
Two, get the crackers to er, wrassle them (sp?) to the death, a whole new sport
which has considerable merit whoever wins.
The feral water buffalo problem in our Northern Territory was pretty much
solved by shooting them and exporting the meat to Asia. It assigned value to a
pest which both established an industry and cleared out the wild ones at zero
cost.
Possums (Brushtail) are a protected species in Aus. but a bloody pest in New
Zealand (hey Brian?). I gave my wife a teddy bear for Christmas, made in NZ out
of dark possum fur. If the NooZoolanders could be persuaded to eat them (not
bad actually) then the problem would be half solved.
tastes like rabbit. :-)
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx