Re: [OM] fuji rangefinders et al

Subject: Re: [OM] fuji rangefinders et al
From: "Sawyer, Edward" <Ed.Sawyer@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2011 10:34:07 -0500
Nathan, good choice on the Fuji 6x9. I had 2 (still have one), a GW670III and
GSW690III. Sold the GW and kept the GSW. Stopped-down, it's competitive with
anything out there, in that format, I think.  I wish the neg was even wider
(82mm wide, so not really "6x9" ...but close ), still, it's such a fun and
simple camera that it's a joy to use.  I also have a Mamiya 7 and RZ67 setup,
but the GSW690III can hang with them and not be embarassed, certainly.

Wet prints from medium format negs are really joyous to behold. I've been doing
RA4 printing lately, mostly only 8x10s but at that size, they look like contact
prints, they are that sharp.

-Ed