[OM] More food - Donghaumen Night Market

Subject: [OM] More food - Donghaumen Night Market
From: Martin Walters <mwalters@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2011 20:48:26 -0500
There's been a lot of discussion of food on the list recently. So,
here's something a little different: food sold at the Donghuamen Night
Market in Beijing (close to the Forbidden City).

http://www.flickr.com/photos/14675507@N08/sets/72157625832427866/

Exotic fare includes deep fried silk worms, baby scorpions, snake,
crickets and the like, as well as more recognizable dishes and desserts.
One photo shows the range of insects available deep fried on skewers.

Did I eat anything there? No! I had a long flight back to Canada the
next day so, no risks. Honestly, the fare looks clean, but it's a risk I
wouldn't take.

OM content: photos taken last November with OM2N, 50/1.4 and dedicated
flash. Low res scans from Fuji 400 film.

Bon appétit

Martin