Re: [OM] Hoarding & Varimagni

Subject: Re: [OM] Hoarding & Varimagni
From: "George Themelis" <george@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2011 16:55:43 -0500
Even though I am a "user" and I buy things to use and take picture and "I am
in love" with the pictures, there is something about holding an OM1 camera
or an Olympus 500mm lens in my hands, that goes beyond the pictures. I am
filled with admiration and love :)

If I only cared about the pictures, I could be using Nikons.  Heck, for a
while I was into Nikons but it did not last long.  I don't care how good
pictures these cameras/lenses take, I found them unappealing.  Large bulky
bodies, heavy lenses, complicated long array of equipment with weird model
numbers, who wants that? I don't :)  I like small elegant things. I think
Olympus hit the nail in the head with the OM system and they are doing it
again with slick micro 4/3 cameras.

George