Re: [OM] DrT's big Olympus sale

Subject: Re: [OM] DrT's big Olympus sale
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2011 14:45:01 EST

In a message dated 1/14/2011 1:40:40 P.M. Central Standard Time,
chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Regardless, it has long been considered etiquette on this list (and  by
general agreement) that one does not use this list to advertise one's
own ebay auctions except, perhaps, for a brief comment that some gear is
available there.  Or, as is more commonly done, here's some gear I  have
for sale at these prices and it's going to the bay in x weeks if not
sold.  I'm in agreement with Andrew's post and was also more than a  bit
miffed at George's thumbing his nose at Andrew's gentle  notice.

Chuck, I agree with your method of shifting gear around among list members
and it is the one I generally use.  Offer it here first and off to eBay or
elsewhere.  Although George didn't do it this way, I was ready to tar and
feather him.  This was not the hill I want to die on . . . or have someone
else die on.  Bill Barber