Re: [OM] (OM) OT Canyon HDR stitchup for Chuck

Subject: Re: [OM] (OM) OT Canyon HDR stitchup for Chuck
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2011 08:08:49 -0500
Thanks for the extra effort but Piers had already helped me out there
with a link in a private mail.  I suppose this image isn't as bizarre as
some HDR images but I still find this one a bit over the top.

As I commented to Piers, I recently upgraded to PS CS5 at least partly
to be able to use its HDR capability.  I haven't tried it here in
Florida where I only have the Krappy Kolor laptop to view images.  But I
do hope to give it a workout with some old images once I get back home.
  Those were interior architectural shots where I attempted to blend
indoor/outdoor-through-the-window views without using flash and without
having blown outdoor views and blown window frames.  I was moderately
successful using manual methods but it was a lot of work. I'm hoping HDR
software can do the same quickly and without appearing garish.

ps:
One of the simplest such manual HDR exercises is on my web site.  The
original interior exposure showed a completely blown outdoors and the
sunlit areas of the wall and closet doors were also blown.  This shot
was done with the Mynolta A1 in raw (sans flash) and predate the 5D.
<http://www.chucknorcutt.com/realestate.php>

Chuck Norcutt