Re: [OM] (OT) CS5 + Mac Snow Leopard = Nada

Subject: Re: [OM] (OT) CS5 + Mac Snow Leopard = Nada
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2011 16:31:51 -0500
You wouldn't believe the nightmare the agency has had with this electronic time
card thing. To say they are fragile applications is to indulge in serious
understatement.

FYI, it's also one of those little Ironies we murkins aren't supposed to
understand. Social Service agencies are and have been in some bodacious budget
crunches. Benefits trimmed left and right. Pay raises a thing of the past.
Services provided cut back. And so on. But because of the way the state demands
the hours of service to be reported for proper payment through Medicaid and
Medicare, every residence in the agency, not to mention HQ, was outfitted with
cable internet and these incredibly expensive time-reporting applications were
installed. Now, cable internet is a nice little perk, for sure, but with all
that cutting going on, spending roughly $50 a house or apartment for cable
internet seems a bit extreme.

I'm not really complaining, though. I've managed to accomplish quite a bit of
work while at work. <g>

--Bob Whitmire
www.bobwhitmire.com