[OM] (OT) CS5 + Mac Snow Leopard = Nada

Subject: [OM] (OT) CS5 + Mac Snow Leopard = Nada
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2011 15:09:18 -0500
Any of you Macheads using CS5 with Snow Leopard and Epson printer and getting
prints?

I've done a clean install of Snow Leopard on a new hard disk, loaded CS4, CS5,
and Epson's latest drivers, and I'm getting very strange print dialogues. Those
familiar with Epson & Mac printing know you get three dialogues upon launching
the print command. The first allows you to select the printer and paper size,
the second has all that stuff about whether to print at 100 percent or scale to
fit media, and whether photoshop should manage colors, etc. The third is the
actual printer driver and it allows you to control exactly what the printer
outputs.

I'm getting a combination of the first and third first, with 720 dpi being the
highest resolution offered, and then the second. When I hit print the little
spoked wheel takes a couple of turns, and then nothing. The job does not show
up in the print queue of the target printer. I had heard about printing
problems with CS5, but it's also doing the same with my new install of CS4.

On the old drive, when I installed Snow Leopard, I had to download and install
a new driver, but after that everything worked normally. As best I can tell,
I've got the latest drivers installed here and I'm getting this bizarre stuff.

Most puzzling.

Please, no anti-Adobe, anti-Epson rants. Plenty of time for that later. <g>

--Bob Whitmire
www.bobwhitmire.com