Re: [OM] Be afraid, be very afraid! FEAR!!!

Subject: Re: [OM] Be afraid, be very afraid! FEAR!!!
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2011 19:27:37 -0800
> From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
>
> On 1/6/2011 5:31 AM, Brian Swale wrote:
>> My opinion is totally opposite !! :-)
>>
>> If I see raw juices flowing from meat, I refuse to eat it since it obviously
>> hasn't been cooked enough to kill whatever living hazard might be in there.
>
> We each get to choose our own balance between living life fully and enjoyably
> and the risks entailed by doing so.

So true.

But I think that the more complex your life is, the more you expose yourself to
fear.

We the people seem to want cheap food. The so-called "free market" responds
with a vast system that cuts corners and patches up the consequences in order
to shave half-a-cent off a pound of hamburger, while their executives pull in
seven-digit salaries. The patches develop leaks, and the consequences of
cutting corners sicken and kill people. Our government responds by slapping
"one size fits all" regulations on all food producers, with the unfortunate
side-effect that the people producing the healthiest, cleanest food are put out
of business.

Well, cheap food is going the way of the dodo, any day now. You might as well
get used to paying for good food.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2011/jan/05/world-food-prices-danger-record-high-un

I'll take the simpler way, thank you. Our CEO gets $15 and hour, part-time,
when he needs a new lens or computer... :-)

Another obligatory "food porn" shot, my penance for so many non-photraphy
postings:
        http://www.ecoreality.org/wiki/Image:Carol_making_perry_2.jpg

If the health authority came and inspected us, they'd find acidophilus and
saccharomyces all over the place, and probably shut us down.