Re: [OM] Photo-illiteracy

Subject: Re: [OM] Photo-illiteracy
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2011 19:34:41 -0800
> From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> Just had a message from Phase One telling me how to handle lens 'flair'. Not
> a typo - repeated several times. Oh, the ignorance!

My favourite of some time ago was a neatly word-processed notice on the
cafeteria bulletin board of a high-tech company.

It offered a number of computer classes for fee, and lead with the headline,
"Is Your Child Computer Illerate?"

I penciled at the bottom: "Comming Sune, Comuter Spel Cheking Clas!"

If the forces pushing compulsory pasteurization and other regulations that make
it so difficult for farmers to sell farm products -- milk, meat, fruits,
vegetables, and grains -- have their way, the end result will be a kind of food
fascism that insists on control of the entire food supply -- all in the name of
consumer protection, of course -- and every farmer in the thrall of the
corporate buyer, offering him a price that cannot even cover his costs. -- Ron
Schmid