Re: [OM] Gasp! (OT)

Subject: Re: [OM] Gasp! (OT)
From: "|-o-|" <oice500@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2010 02:16:36 +1100 (EDT)
Hi Brian,

> And when they fire a rifle/pistol, they seem to aim for the chest rather than
> leg etc which could give a disabling non-lethal wound..

Officers discretion, depends on circumstances and very much a
judgement call but most are at a distance and in a situation were
a miss could endanger the life(s) of others.

With adreniline (and time) pumping, its not always easy to get a clear
precise shot so you shoot for the biggest target. As with many things in
life there are a lot of depends and circumstances.

Taking the life of another is not always as easy as people think. no
matter the circumstances.

Cheers
Ian Manners
You can say any foolish thing to a dog, and the dog will give you that look
that says, "My God, you're right! I never would've thought of that!"  -Dave
Barry