Re: [OM] OM Monarch

Subject: Re: [OM] OM Monarch
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2010 23:06:22 -0500
If I were doing it using PhotoShop I'd create another layer and expand
the canvas to the right.  Then, using the rectangular marquee tool, I'd
select a narrow rectangle along the edge then: edit->transform->distort
and pull the right edge of the selection to fill the new canvas.

That's the basic motion anyhow.  In fact I'd suggest you do it in a
number of small strips and, instead of just pulling horizontally, you
can pull up or down as well to continue the angle of the shadow lines
you're trying to replicate in the new canvas.

In doing this you'll destroy the tip of the original flower petal so add
a mask and paint over the petal with black to show the original tip on
the layer underneath.  You might (but not necessarily) need a bit of
cloning or blending to fit the individually distorted strips together at
their interfaces.  Maybe 5-10 minutes work?

Chuck Norcutt