Re: [OM] so here's the deal

Subject: Re: [OM] so here's the deal
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2010 15:18:03 -0600
> I think Clyde Butcher has a better idea for where and when to take
> pictures.  :-)

I'd LIKE to be able to enjoy the warmer climates this time of year,
but that ain't happening this time. Well, honestly, the girls are
trying to come up with every excuse to not go either. I'm being a mean
daddy, though. :)

I think we've gotten a little off the track as to my desires/purposes here.

1. Film. This is my artistic preference.

2. Camera. The fact that there are inherent advantages to a camera
such as the OM-3Ti in such a cold environment is a benefit, but not a
requirement. I'm sure, however, that there is at least one person here
that is cheering when he sees said camera being used.

3. Climate. We're heading to the Great Lakes Region for purposes other
than JUST photography. Otherwise, we'd be in the Southwest.

4. Equipment Density. The idea behind this thread was to force a limit
on just how much stuff I pack on this trip. Two lenses and one body
turned into three bodies and a dozen lenses. I suppose that since we
are in a roomy enough of a vehicle and I have the storage space it
really doesn't matter. Without the camping gear I can pack everything
I own and half of Joel's equipment. Bill's equipment? Nope. That's too
much for even a Suburban!

So, where to go from here? No clue. I suppose I could pack everything
and then day pack whatever I want from that on a per hike basis. But I
did think it would be kinda fun for the group to challenge me to some
very restrictive kit.

AG