Re: [OM] olympus Digest, Vol 26, Issue 9

Subject: Re: [OM] olympus Digest, Vol 26, Issue 9
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2010 08:18:36 +1100
Ah, but I was only dealing with platform wars, not genuine social conflict.
Still, it reflects the general model for tribal, political or social dissent.
Support of football teams can best be understood as a tribal situation,
especially in a sports mad environment like this city.
But then, some Australians get tribal about Ford vs. Holden (GM).
Everyone feels a need to belong.
After that, it's all downhill.
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx