Re: [OM] blue skies plug-in

Subject: Re: [OM] blue skies plug-in
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2010 15:04:48 +0000
Exactamundo, Moose.  If the sky is in the shot I normally set -0.66EV, but
sometimes I bracket about that setting.  And if I bracket, I can use the
exposures either side of that to recover highlights and shadows.  If I use a
single shot it is only the shadows that I might have to recover.

However, "recover" is probably too strong a word for most shots: I have merely
to do a bit of adjustment of exposure and levels (my latest way of working) to
achieve a pleasing result.

No, I don't normally worry unduly about the midtones; it's blowing the
highlights where I lose shots, or would do without a bit of prophylaxis :-)

Chris