Re: [OM] OT - A snippit from our lives as of late

Subject: Re: [OM] OT - A snippit from our lives as of late
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2010 09:48:21 -0800
> From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> But I should have been even more specific since my source really only
> discusses land "transactions" in Massachusetts and perhaps Connecticut.

Perhaps costal natives were somewhat migratory, but the nearby Iroquis
Confederacy, an agreement between six permanently-located tribes, heavily
influenced the US Constitution -- hardly what I would call "a huge cultural
divide."

Wikipedia maps show that the tribes in the region generally stayed within areas
much smaller than a modern-day state. Calling them "migratory" is no more true
than calling an investment banker who regularly travels from Boston to New York
"migratory."

I think there was more malice and less misunderstanding involved than Chuck is
willing to admit.

"Honest, we were just trying to help them keep warm! We didn't know those
blankets had Smallpox in them!"

FDA assertions that raw milk is "inherently dangerous and should not be
consumed" serve as a smoke screen for legislation that helps centralize the
dairy industry and eliminate competition from small independent farmers. -- Ron
Schmid