Re: [OM] OT - A snippit from our lives as of late

Subject: Re: [OM] OT - A snippit from our lives as of late
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2010 10:45:05 -0500
Ummm... indians of the *colonies* didn't live in the plains.  :-)

But I should have been even more specific since my source really only
discusses land "transactions" in Massachusetts and perhaps Connecticut.
  But I would expect it to be mostly true down the east coast. Indians
that lived near the coast moved seasonally between beach areas (for
fishing and shell fish), fire cleared lands (for agriculture) and more
forested areas (for hunting).

There are certainly many different indian cultures and land use patterns
but those early contacts with English colonists were as I described.

Chuck Norcutt