Re: [OM] Saving the planet or just saving money?

Subject: Re: [OM] Saving the planet or just saving money?
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2010 16:23:45 -0500
$38,000 is less than I would have guessed for a recently restored E-type
sold at Barrett-Jackson auction.  But it's a coupe and not a convertible
which probably makes a big difference in price now.

I suspect the performance figures are from published reports.  IIRC, my
'64 with triple SUs was probably about a second faster on the 0-60 time.
  But that's also from published reports.  Red lining old sports cars
was something I learned not to do after throwing a fan blade through the
radiator hose and putting a big dent in the hood of my second Sunbeam
Alpine.  :-)

Chuck Norcutt