Re: [OM] Saving the planet or just saving money?

Subject: Re: [OM] Saving the planet or just saving money?
From: "Wayne Harridge" <wayneharridge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2010 22:35:25 +1100
Yeah, I read an article recently where a petrol and diesel VW Golf were
compared, the conclusion was that the petrol version was a much better
proposition than the diesel as the payback period (fuel savings to cover the
purchase price difference) was about 7 years.  Of course if diesels were
more prevalent then the difference in purchase price could be lower, but
that hasn't happened yet.

...Wayne