Re: [OM] Reminiscing [was: Re: iPhone et al]

Subject: Re: [OM] Reminiscing [was: Re: iPhone et al]
From: "Bill Pearce" <bs.pearce@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2010 08:14:43 -0600
Those are the guys I meant. Not the nicest people in the world, but the very
prototype of the uncaring rich person portraied in cartoons of a forgotten
age. I clearly remember being courted by the John Birch Society as a high
school student, I suppose that early brainwashing was part of the plan. The
maximising of their income is their goal, and their only one. I didn't drink
the Koolaid then, and not not either! Ironically, the father made his
fortune selling oil refining equipment to the soviets in the early fifties.
The sons made theirs through ruthless capitalism.

There are actually four brothers, and two are on the outs and not/never
involved in politics.

Bill Pearce