Re: [OM] Reminiscing [was: Re: iPhone et al]

Subject: Re: [OM] Reminiscing [was: Re: iPhone et al]
From: Willie Wonka <alienspecimen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 7 Nov 2010 08:39:31 -0800 (PST)
No surprises here, but never mess with the "security people".

>From experience, my impression is that they are people with a chip on their
>shoulder, always on a mission to get you at any cost.  They are very powerful
>within the organization, take themselves very seriously and tend to grossly
>overlook their shortcomings, but not yours...:)

Best

Boris

That's very interesting and I wonder why that's so.  I had a Top Secret
clearance when I was in the Air Force and it was pretty much drilled
into me every day by the badge that I had to wear, the guards and door
locks I had to pass through and the classifications stamped on
everything I handled or created.  Even paper coffee cups went to the
burn room lest someone had scratched a note on them.  I'm amazed that
your experience is so different.  Could be that, although you had the
clearance, you didn't actually deal with any Secret material.

Chuck Norcutt