Re: [OM] Reminiscing [was: Re: iPhone et al]

Subject: Re: [OM] Reminiscing [was: Re: iPhone et al]
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2010 09:46:49 +1100
One way is in education. When I were a lad, companies trained their own. Now
this has been handed off to various forms of technical college so that if you
want a job as a bartender these days, you have to have a certificate from
somewhere. Nurse training was three years on the ward with classes run by the
hospital - now it's a university degree. The change has been gradual but
pervasive and the effect is that we now pay for what used to be provided by the
corporation, albeit at low wages. In the course of it, education has become a
huge industry.
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx