Re: [OM] Autumn around the world, was: Nathan's PAD 31/10/2010: autumn

Subject: Re: [OM] Autumn around the world, was: Nathan's PAD 31/10/2010: autumn in Denmark
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2010 12:17:30 -0000
The professor must be visiting from Antarctica, where leaves fall upwards
changing from blue to white. It is complete nonsense to suggest that leaves
do not change colour in the autumn in Europe. It might be true that only in
North America do they change COLOR in FALL, but that is a wordplay (OK,
orthographical and lexical play) of which even I would be ashamed.

As I write this I can see oak, larch and birch in various stages of colour
change, together with all manner of shrubs too. But the fuchsia bush leaves
remain green so far (and the flowers pink). Yes, fuchsia thrives in the
garden at very nearly 58 degrees north.

Piers