Re: [OM] Autumn around the world, was: Nathan's PAD 31/10/2010: autumn

Subject: Re: [OM] Autumn around the world, was: Nathan's PAD 31/10/2010: autumn in Denmark
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 01 Nov 2010 02:42:15 -0700
On 10/31/2010 5:53 PM, Chuck Norcutt wrote:
> Trees originating in those areas wasn't specified but I'd have no problem
> limiting the statement to those species.  So we know it's true for Oz but
> that still leaves a lot of the rest of the world.

As Jeff pointed out with a link, big leaf maple and poison oak and its
relatives both change color in areas with
appropriate weather.

Aspens in the Sierra Nevada an on its east side do their own color. Yellow
tends to predominate but they also do oranges
and reds.

We have all sorts of other trees and shrubs that turn color around here, but
they are not natives.

Moose