Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 30/10/2010: cute Danish couple

Subject: Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 30/10/2010: cute Danish couple
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2010 18:48:28 -0400
Hummmm. Were's the nearest playground? <g>

--Bob Whitmire
www.bobwhitmire.com

I do recall one case we heard about over and over again where a newspaper had
to pull out its checkbook because even though the photographer was on a public
street, the woman running from her burning home did not have any clothes on,
and the morons on the news desk published her picture. I'm not sure "beyond the
pale" is a legal term, but I think that was the intent behind what the judge
wrote. It's been so long, I don't remember if the case was reversed on appeal.
The vast majority of the kinds of cases we're talking about are reversed on
appeal if they manage to get that far.