Re: [OM] iPhone et al

Subject: Re: [OM] iPhone et al
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 11:41:08 -0700
On 10/28/2010 8:51 AM, Jan Steinman wrote:
> To me, having multiple instances of an application running -- versus having a
> single instance with multiple windows --
> seems wasteful of OS resources, but perhaps Windows has improved in that
> regard since NT.

Yup, much improved. Still, even with shared dlls in memory, each extra instance
adds a bit of load. Certainly no problem
with up to date hardware and most apps. I wouldn't try to run multiple
instances of PS.

Hmmm... Thinking about it now, some apps will open a new instance, while others
just pop up on top. Not sure about the
details. Probably under program(mer) control.

Moose