Re: [OM] iPhone et al

Subject: Re: [OM] iPhone et al
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 08:57:04 -0700
> From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> My mother... has no concept of the filing system on her Mac (or any computer,
> really).

It's amazing sometimes.

I had a guy tell me there's no difference between Mac and Windows, BECAUSE when
he had Windows, it "got a virus" and so he had to buy a new computer. He got a
Mac, because he heard they don't get viruses, but then the desktop completely
filled up with files he had created, and so he had to replace it, too!

Reminds me of the person with the broken "cup holder" on their computer, or the
person calling tech support during a power outage.

And the following came up totally at random... guess I should be grateful that
there are people willing to pay me $50 an hour to restore their email via Time
Machine after a crash...