Re: [OM] iPhone et al

Subject: Re: [OM] iPhone et al
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 09:04:58 -0700
> From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
>
>> ... she has no concept of the filing system on her Mac
>
> Why should she have to, if the OS is truly intuitive and user friendly

Oh c'mon, Moose. That's a bit like saying, "Why should anyone have to have any
concept of addition or subtraction, if The Universe were truly intuitive and
user friendly?"

If you want to balance your chequebook, you need to have a smidgeon of maths.
And if you expect to make all but the simplest use of a computer, you need to
at least understand the "folders and files" concept of a hierarchy.

Except for that dude who sold his Mac because his desktop filled up, I've never
met a person who couldn't understand the concept of a hierarchy, AND how it
applies to a computer file system. Those that don't generally just don't care,
and they need to take responsibility for that when things go wrong.