Re: [OM] iPhone et al

Subject: Re: [OM] iPhone et al
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 08:53:52 -0400
More overhead?  Yes but probably not terribly significant.  I probably
shouldn't go there since I haven't done this sort of stuff for about 20
years but I think the DLLs that are loaded (the bulk of the application
logic) will be shared by the multiple process instances.

I also mostly use tabs with Firefox but tend to use multiple instances
to group closely related work.  If I get a large number of tabs open and
am suddenly interested in doing something totally unrelated I may open
another instance and either close it if I'm done or park it to be picked
up later after returning to the other instance.

Chuck Norcutt