Re: [OM] IMG: Nathan's PAW 41: Moros y Cristianos and much else too

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Nathan's PAW 41: Moros y Cristianos and much else too
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 12:02:41 -0500
Eggs Benedict, you say?

Here in fly-over country, that dish is as rare as the teeth of the
hens used to lay the eggs. Not exactly a majorly requested dish around
these parts. I've had it a couple of times, myself... I'll take the
omlet, please.

I've been making frittata dishes lately. Trying to perfect my own
style of cooking them. For one thing, I use fewer eggs and whip them
up a little taller. (a little taller? hah!) Secondly, I only lightly
cook it on the stove top, otherwise you don't get much rise, and do
the bulk of the cooking under the broiler. Four eggs (for two people)
in a small pan. I do get better results from the glass pans than the
non-stick pans--it makes the cooking more even and you don't have that
5-minute wait. When I'm feeling healthy I'll go to five eggs, but keep
only two yolks. Kinda defeets the purpose, though, when you add all
that sausage, bacon, pepperoni and cheese... One change from the
normal cooking method is I have most the the shredded cheese
throughout the eggs, instead of on top of the eggs. I probably should
try it the correct way one of these days.

Frittati and lungos go together very well. That's our Saturday Morning
breakfast at home.

One day I decided to do a vegetarian Frittati. Realized about halfway
through the process that with the milk, cheese and eggs, I was kinda
defeating the purpose.

AG