[OM] How to take proper product pics outside (WB?)

Subject: [OM] How to take proper product pics outside (WB?)
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 18:12:14 -0400
Speaking of threads, the FB bracket seems to have a 3/8 inch thread and
only 2 turns of that--no clue as to the TPI.
I don't see many adapters to make this 1/4 that has a flange for
stability.
I don't want the OM-2 falling anywhere. I would be heartbroken.
I could use the opposite of this:

  http://tinyurl.com/28ao9c4

Any ideas?

Then I have to figure out how to get a A-S plate on the bracket.

No Loose Screws Allowed, Mike

The historic standard threading for the bolt that attaches the camera
the tripod is 1/4"-20tpi (threads per inch) British Standard Whitworth
(Whitworth or BSW) for smaller cameras or 3/8"-16tpi BSW for larger
cameras and pan/tilt heads. Bolts using 1/4"-20 UNC and 3/8"-16 UNC
screw threads are generally close enough to work when BSW bolts are
unavailable. Note: A BSW bolt in a UNC nut has play, but a UNC bolt in
BSW nut will jam.