Re: [OM] iPhone et al

Subject: Re: [OM] iPhone et al
From: Paul Braun <cygnus@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 09:11:23 -0500
On 10/26/10 08:32 : , Chuck Norcutt wrote:
> I sympathize.  At my last phone upgrade about 2 years ago I asked for
> one of the simplest phones that also had a low res camera.  It still
> does far too many things and so far I haven't even been able to figure
> out how to get the photos off the camera without signing up for a
> Verizon service that uploads them to... somewhere.  And the only photos
> that get taken are the ones of the inside of the case when I
> accidentally punch the button on the side of the phone.  :-)
Welcome to Verizon.  That's par for the course.  When the original
Motorola RAZR came out, even though you could transfer data through the
usb connection based on Mo's design, VZW forced them to disable the usb
port for everything except charging so that you had no choice but to
transfer any media over VZW's network, thereby using up your minutes and
costing you more.  They picked up a class-action lawsuit over that one.
But they still exhibit a lot of that behavior.

If the iPhone does in fact come to VZW, it will be interesting to see
just how much leverage Jobs has over VZW, considering that the Android
phones they sell all come pre-loaded with non-removable Verizon crapware.

--

Paul Braun
Valparaiso, IN

"The nachos are still good." - Jim Peterik

"Enjoy every sandwich." - Warren Zevon

"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever." - David St. Hubbins

"Music washes from the soul the dust of everyday life" - Harlan Howard