[OM] (OT) G12

Subject: [OM] (OT) G12
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 18:14:45 -0400
A bit late to this.  Imaging resource  has a great way to compare
features and then the comparometer to compare images.  I think they are
out of cam jpeg's.  The Nik P7000 wins on features but (a big but) the
articulated screen is a major bonus on the G12.  The Higher ISO images
on the site seem less
noisy with  higher contrast on the Canyon.  The house G9 has survived a
toss of 10" onto black top and sever horse related incidents with
nothing more than cosmetic issues.  Wonder if the articulated screen is
as robust. Being very familiar with the menu's, files etc is a bonus.
I do like the CHDK hack too.   I may  handle the G12 if available
during the annual Hunt photo show in Melrose.

Hit comparometer to assess images side by side.  Links directly don't
work for some reason.

http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/G12/G12A7.HTM

Hit compare models on the left side to compare features.
Here is another feature comparison.

http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/35529/nikon-p7000-vs-canon-g12

That be said, had calling for a macro shot this weekend and chose my 4T
that I very much enjoy setting up and using.

Mike