Re: [OM] Weeks 38 - 41 Fotos for fun.

Subject: Re: [OM] Weeks 38 - 41 Fotos for fun.
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 17:06:47 -0400
Wow!  I totally missed that Tokina announcement which is the first full
frame lens design from Tokina in quite a few years.  B&H claims to know
nothing about it but Adorama lists it as not available yet even though
price is set at USD 849.  But Tokina has released all the specs and it
appears now in their lens line as one of the AT-X Pro lenses.
<http://thkphoto.com/products/tokina/atx16-28profx-a.html>

It's more modern than the (now discontinued) others in that it has a new
silent focus motor and new focusing sensor and multiple aspherical and
extra low dispersion glass elements.  I'm curious about the limitation
to 28mm when the competition goes to 35mm.  Done to keep price in check
and performance at optimum?  Anyhow it blends right into my 28-80/2.8
Tokina AT-X which blends into my 80-200/2.8 Tokina AT-X.  But the 16-28
and 80-200 are probably 20 years apart design-wise.
<http://thkphoto.com/products/tokina/atx16-28profx-a.html>

I'll also be waiting for the reviews.

Chuck Norcutt