Re: [OM] (OM) 30 years'-old gear and techniques still good

Subject: Re: [OM] (OM) 30 years'-old gear and techniques still good
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 01:29:16 +1300
Wayne wrote

> > I had not previously heard of Zeiss Luminar lenses.
> >

> They seem to be highly regarded from the comments I've seen on photo.net,
> as do the Zuiko macros (20/2, 38/2.8, 80/4 & 135/4.5).
>
> If you're heading into macro territory you should try to get a copy of
> "The Manual of Close-Up Photography" by Lester Lefkowitz, it's out of
> print but you should be able to get it through Abebooks (or some similar
> site).
Thanks again for your help Wayne.

One is now on its way ( I hope) from Kay's Books and collectibles, via
www.bookfinder.com

I hadn't heard of this book before, and very affordable copies are still
available though ex library copies seem to be heavily used.

Should have it within 2 weeks ...

Brian Swale.