Re: [OM] (OT) G12

Subject: Re: [OM] (OT) G12
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 01:54:11 -0700
On 10/24/2010 10:31 PM, Chris Barker wrote:
> Yes, I've considered that, Chuck.  I have only one camera with an articulated
> monitor and I use the articulation only very rarely.  On the other hand, the
> facility adds to the thickness (depth) of the camera

P7000 = 44.8 mm
G12   = 48 mm
Dif. = 3.2 mm = 7% shallower

I have to say that's not much thinner. Probably the longer lens causes that.

>   and to its ability to break (:-)).

In theory, certainly. In my experience, even the more lightly built A650 didn't
have any problems. I didn't
intentionally baby it, but didn't abuse it either. My son and his wife are
still using it.

> And the P7000 has a longer lens with little aperture penalty.

That I would like.

> But it could be that I am in a rebellious mood, wishing to try something
> different :-)

Beware the wild child! :-)

Moose