Re: [OM] Accounting for taste II

Subject: Re: [OM] Accounting for taste II
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2010 15:15:58 -0700
As far as I recollect, no one, male of female, went through my book from back
to front. Perhaps the title, Three Days in
Brooklyn, and certainly in many cases , my saying that the images are in close
to chronological order, may have led to
this result.

It is indeed a chronological journey, with only minor changes by a  page or so
to match up facing pages. So it 'makes
sense' going through in order.

I'd never realized before what an important part of book design the choice and
placement of images on facing pages is.
The juxtaposition seems to automatically create connections and meaning in our
minds and more or less emotional response.

For example, putting two partial or full profile head and shoulders portraits
facing each other has a completely
different affect than facing away from each other. This is true even if the
only connection between the people is that
their images are in a book together.

Moose