Re: [OM] Images - One day in SW Maine

Subject: Re: [OM] Images - One day in SW Maine
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2010 19:55:16 -0700
  On 10/13/2010 9:41 AM, Bob Whitmire wrote:
> Some extra lovely stuff there. I'll have to go back and have another look.

Thanks!

Have you figured out where I was? There are only a couple of clues, that are
probably not clear to all but a limited
number of Mainers

> Some of the 'shroom shots really struck me. I've been walking past gorgeous
> mushrooms for the past couple of weeks steadfastly ignoring them. Sigh.

Most of the really close shots of smaller 'shrooms were taken with G11 and
flash. As you know, some are in positions
where it would be very difficult to get the angle with an SLR without a least
live view, and likely an articulated
screen.Many are also in positions where getting ones body down in position
could be dangerous.

Also, I'm liking what the G11 flash set to -1 EV or more does to small things
in the woods. I have some shots of things
other than 'shrooms that I rather like, too.

Those 'shrooms really like dark, dank places. The 5D's high ISO performance
isn't up to your D3, but I wonder if even
that would be up to the task with aperture small enough for closeups of such 3D
subjects. To get the same DOF on FF, you
need f11-16.

The really big one in the last sub-gallery, though, was right out in the open.

Moose